Spurs Fan Cave - It's ALL about the FANS!
San Antonio suffered the season’s fifth home loss at the hands of their I-10 rivals.
James Harden led the way for the Rockets, hitting his first 5 shots and leading all scorers with 28. San Antonio’s offense was “in mud,” according to Coach Pop, in the first half, only scoring 38 points. The short-handed Spurs made it a game late in the fourth quarter, cutting a 18 point deficit to 6, before a P.J. Tucker three sealed the game.
- San Antonio went scoreless the last 3:17 of the first quarter, and only scored 14 in the period.
- The Spurs’ first three was by Manu Ginobili just over a minute into the second quarter-they were 6-24 on the night.
- Turnovers killed the Spurs: 16 for the game, allowing for 27 Rockets points.
- Gerald Green had a great second quarter, with 13 points; Aldridge had 14 in the whole first half.
- Danny Green came through with some needed offense- 11 in the third quarter and 22 for the game.
- Spurs allow just 9 threes per game – good for top 5 in the NBA; Houston had 14 for the game.
Next up is Utah Saturday at 8 p.m.
Source: Pounding The Rock