The Spurs dropped another road game to the league-worst Hawks
The Spurs started out strong against the hapless Hawks, showing more of the stifling defense that shut down the Nuggets on Saturday. After an early run, though, the Spurs relaxed on defense and allowed the Hawks to stay in the game, and Danny Green missed the tying three to give Atlanta the win.
- After buidling a 14 point lead in the first quarter, the Spurs allowed the Hawks to go on an 11-0 run, and only took a 2 point lead into the second quarter.
- Manu left early in the second quarter with a thigh contusion after running into a pick from former Spur Dwayne Dedmon. It doesn’t seem too serious, but he may be out for some time as a precaution due to his age.
- Tony had 4 steals in the first half, leading the defensive effort for the Spurs, who had 8 total in the first half.
- After Aldridge took over the fourth with 8 straight points, Dennis Schroder also started to heat up. Every time the Spurs got close, Schroder hit a clutch bucket. This is where Kawhi’s defensive presence is missed.
- Aldridge had 25 to lead the Spurs, while Schroder had 26 to lead Atlanta.
The Spurs drop to 29-16, while being 10-14 on the road. Next up is Brooklyn on Wednesday.
Source: Pounding The Rock