The Argentine continues to breaks records and have more created just for him to break them again and again.
For the guys who were in the game, there were some items worth discussing today:
- LaMarcus Aldridge added his 5th 30+ scoring game of the season.
- The FREE BERTANS movement was in full effect as he let one rip in transition.
- Bryn Forbes had another double-digit night with 10 (would have been 13 if the 3rd quarter had been .2 seconds longer).
- Kyle Anderson picked up his first technical foul- so unlike the likable Slo-Mo. Refs dinged him defending LaMarcus on an uncalled foul, no less, so credit Android for not just whining aimlessly.
- Manu scored his second 20+ game of the season, and back-to-back no less. This means that now Manu Ginobili is the only 40-year-old player in NBA history to score 20+ off the bench on consecutive nights. His 26 also bests Vince Carter’s 24 from last December (when this 40+ category was created).
Manu Ginobili is the first player in his 40s to score 15+ points in back-to-back games since Michael Jordan in 2002-03.
— Jordan Howenstine (@AirlessJordan) January 8, 2018
- Manu’s additional points tonight make him the 7th player in NBA history to score more than 8,000 points off the bench.
*That number above was actually higher by the end of the game.
It’s officially mid-season what do you think?
What was your favorite stat of the night? Best moment? Did your DirecTV cut off the first half of the 4th quarter too? It’s Monday, let’s start the week off right!
Welcome to the Thread. Join in the conversation, start your own discussion, and share your thoughts. This is the Spurs community, your Spurs community. Thanks for being here.
Our community guidelines apply which should remind everyone to be cool, avoid personal attacks, not to troll and to watch the language.
Source: Pounding The Rock