The Spurs play on a day to remember a dream.
Today is the day our country has set aside to celebrate Martin Luther King, Jr. and his iconic “I Have A Dream…” speech which he delivered at the March on Washington in 1963. He envisioned a nation where people aren’t judged by the color of their skin, but the content of their character:
Watching the Spurs game the other night I saw the warm up shirts the teams were wearing on the sidelines. I mistakenly first thought they were a robotic tie-dye and then my wife looked them up:
“The Dri-FIT T-shirt features a cymatics design, an artistic representation of sound waves directly from MLK’s speech on Aug. 28, 1963. All NBA proceeds from the sale of the shirts will go to the National Civil Rights Museum.”
You can purchase one here.
The NBA is recognizing Martin Luther King Jr. Day all week with its broadcatss, but obviously today’s schedule is packed:
- Charlotte Hornets at Detroit Pistons | NBA TV | 12:30 p.m. ET
- Toronto Raptors at Philadelphia 76ers | N/A | 1:00 p.m. ET
- Milwaukee Bucks at Washington Wizards | N/A | 2:00 p.m. ET
- San Antonio Spurs at Atlanta Hawks | NBA TV | 3:00 p.m. ET
- New York Knicks at Brooklyn Nets | N/A | 3:00 p.m. ET
- Miami Heat at Chicago Bulls | N/A | 3:30 p.m. ET
- Los Angeles Lakers at Memphis Grizzlies | TNT | 5:30 p.m. ET
- Sacramento Kings at Oklahoma City Thunder | N/A | 8:00 p.m. ET
- Golden State Warriors at Cleveland Cavaliers | TNT | 8:00 p.m. ET
- Indiana Pacers at Utah Jazz | N/A | 9:00 p.m. ET
- Houston Rockets at Los Angeles Clippers | TNT | 10:30 p.m. ET
The Spurs play the Atlanta Hawks at 2pm CST. One of the most anticipated games between the Cavs and Warriors takes place in prime time.
Enjoy the basketball, and remember the “dream”.
Welcome to the Thread. Join in the conversation, start your own discussion, and share your thoughts. This is the Spurs community, your Spurs community. Thanks for being here.
Our community guidelines apply which should remind everyone to be cool, avoid personal attacks, not to troll and to watch the language.
Source: Pounding The Rock