Kawhi, the reigning two-time Defensive Player of the Year, has been once again named to the NBA All-Defensive First Team, which marks his third consecutive selection overall. Kawhi was already named to the All-NBA First Team this season, which shows just how good this man has become.
Danny Green has been named to the Second Team and is part of an All-Defensive team for the first time in his career, which is a little weird given Green has been sensational defensively for quite a few seasons. Green is the eighth Spur in history to be named to an All-Defensive team, along with George Johnson, Alvin Robertson, David Robinson, Dennis Rodman, Tim Duncan, Bruce Bowen and Kawhi.
Leonard averaged 1.78 steals and 0.74 blocks per game, and was one of three NBA players to record 130+ steals and 50+ blocks. Green average 1.04 steals and 0.85 blocks per game.
These are the two All-Defensive teams:
- Chris Paul (Los Angeles Clippers)
- Patrick Beverley (Houston Rockets)
- Kawhi Leonard (San Antonio Spurs)
- Draymond Green (Golden State Warriors)
- Rudy Gobert (Utah Jazz)
- Tony Allen (Memphis Grizzlies)
- Danny Green (San Antonio Spurs)
- Andre Roberson (Oklahoma City Thunder)
- Giannis Antetokounmpo (Milwaukee Bucks)
- Anthony Davis (New Orleans Pelicans)
Source: Pounding The Rock